Thursday, February 18, 2010

Mark Making-> Critique (Top Six)


The person who evaluated my work chose these three as my best:


Nice simple rhythm, the splatter shows movement, like the placement. A lot of action/force. I wouldn't change anything. I like how it's not all in line.


Very different from other marks. Loosely made, crazy,
has a lot of rhythm with dark and light force.
I really like this one because all the marks look unplanned.
Wish it was vertical or less centered.

Try a different force when applying the object.



This mark page is very cool. The rhythm is dark to light.
The focal point was the big black mark with the little marks drawing me in.
A lot of negative space. I like the fact that not all were closed.
Try a bit less force or more twisting information, maybe smaller.



And my three favorites are:

I like this one especially because it is light and swift
rather than heavy and dark.
It flows with the white space, rather than fight it.


I enjoy this piece because it is mayhem.


I like the fading of this one, it flows and is soothing to the eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment